Saturday, September 17, 2022

 


O, Warwick, Warwick! I foresee with grief

The utter loss of all the realm of France.

 

-Duke of York

King Henry the Sixth Part I            Act V, Scene iv, Line 111

Well, we’re near the end of Henry VI, Part I. York is correct in that the Brits will lose most of what they have in France, but not in this play. That will take place in Henry VI, parts II and III. The French agree to a truce, later in this scene whereby the Brits maintain control of most of France, for now. But it’s clear to us, whilst not so much to the Brits, that the French have no intention of honoring this truce. In the meantime, there’s only one more scene in this play and that’s the act where we’re back in London and Suffolk is telling King Henry about the wonderful French bride he’s found for him. 

Ooh la, la.


I'm afraid I'm going to have to rail on for one more day about this book I'm reading. This map is on the back of the inside cover. It's a pretty good indication of what the book is going to cover, which is what was going on with the theater scene in London and how Will fit into it. 
It's really interesting. At least, I think it is.


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...