Tuesday, September 27, 2022

 


Truly, I would not hang a dog by my will, much more a man who hath any honesty in him.

 

-Dogberry

Much Ado About Nothing               Act III, Scene iii, Line 64


I quite literally don’t know what to say about this line. Context? Forget about it; I got nothing. The speaker? I like the name, but that’s about all I’ve got on that subject. Perhaps we just take the line as it is and look at the words, forgetting about the play.

Oh wait, Dogberry is talking about dogs. I like that. How about we just end with that and keep it short and sweet for today.

Speaking of sweet; I decided to go down to the vending machine for a snickers bar. I loaded up the change I had in my desk drawer and when I got down there I realized that one of the coins that I thought was a dime was actually an Australian five something or other. Luckily I had a little more than I needed because I'm pretty sure the machine wouldn't have taken this. Now, how I ended up with an Australian coin is beyond me. I've traveled a bit, but never down under. Anyway, now that you know where the coin is from, you should be able to figure out what the picture is of on the coin. Hint: it's not a dog (or a dingo). 




No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...