Tuesday, October 25, 2022

 


O mistress mine, where are you roaming?

O, stay and hear, your true love’s coming,

That can sing both high and low.

Trip no further, pretty sweeting,

Journeys end in lovers meeting,

Every wise man’s son doth know.

 

What is love? ‘Tis not hereafter,

Present mirth hath present laughter,

      What’s to come is still unsure:

In delay there lies no plenty,

Then come kiss me, sweet and twenty,

      Youth’s a stuff will not endure.


-Feste

Twelfth Night          Act II, Scene i, Line 78


I saw this play live in Nashville last year, and Feste was played by a guy in a cowboy hat with a guitar. So he sang this song in a very country western way, and that seemed very appropriately Nashvillian.

This is the guest house at my son-in-law's house in Nashville. Well, actually it's not the guest house. It's a little building in the backyard they call a hoos (rhymes with moose). It's sort of like a pool house, except without the pool. I stayed in the main house, not in the hoos.
I was looking for a pic of my trip to Nashville when I saw Twelfth Night, and I'm afraid this is the best I could do.


But fret not, here's a bonus for you. Enjoy!


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...