Sunday, January 29, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

 

 Good my lord, be quiet.

 

-Horatio

Hamlet                    Act V, Scene i, Line 272

  

Laertes and Hamlet are fighting and arguing in Ophelia’s grave and everyone is trying to get them to stop. Horatio, Hamlets best bud, is the last one to speak before the two separate and climb out of the grave. Then Hamlet says

        Why, I will fight with him upon this theme

        Until my eyelids will no longer wag.

That’s right, until his eyelids will no longer wag. One more time, until those eyelids stop wagging.

I’m just having a really hard time with that visual: wagging eyelids. How about you?



Well, I've heard of tongues wagging, and there's wagging tails. But wagging eyelids? I just couldn't come up with pic of wagging eyelids. Sorry, no pic today. 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...