Tuesday, January 31, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

 

 Make that demand to the Creator. It suffices me thou art.

 

-Thersites

Troilus and Cressida              Act II, Scene iii, Line 68

 

I’m not sure what they were discussing, but Thersites suddenly decides that pretty much everyone, including himself, a fool.

        Agamemnon is a fool to offer to command Achilles;

        Achilles is a fool to be commanded of Agamemnon;

        Thersites is a fool to serve such a fool, and

        Patroclus is a fool positive.

To which Patroclus replies,

Why am I a fool?

And that’s where Thersites comes in with Today’s Totally Random Line,

        Make that demand to the Creator. It suffices me thou art.

Sounds like Thersites is fed up with the whole lot and Patroclus is just collateral damage. But what do I know? At least we’ve moved on from eyes!


Two heavy thinkers in Barren Plains.
Another one of those pics that just showed up, all on its own. Sort of. 
No, it's got no relevance. But I couldn't go three days in a row without a pic. Could I?


1 comment:

Squeaks said...

Hm. No relevance perhaps but still a good pic.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...