Monday, January 16, 2023

 Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

 

 That Paris is returned home, and hurt.

  

-Aeneas

 Troilus and Cressida              Act I, Scene i, Line 110

 

Okay, we’re at the very beginning of the play. We’ve just had Troilus whining to Cressida’s Uncle Pandarus about how much he’s in love with the latter's niece. Then Pandarus walks away and Aeneus, one of the Trojan commanders, walks in. When Troilus asks him for news from the battlefield, he gets Today’s Totally Random Line. Troilus’s response is Let Paris bleed; ‘tis but a scar to scorn. It seems like a pretty cavalier response considering that Paris is Troilus’s brother. But who am I to say?


Here's my excuse for not posting all last week. I was at sea, without internet.


And here's the reason I'm posting now. It's the sun setting on my cruise. 
I'm back home now. 




No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...