Saturday, August 1, 2026

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

Well, you are a rare parrot-teacher.


Benedick

Much Ado About Nothing         Act I, Scene i, Line 130

Chatterer, blabber, or empty talker: that’s what my Shakespeare glossary says parrot-teacher means. So, I guess this parrot-teacher word belongs in one of those Shakespeare Insults lists.

I never liked those lists. With all the fabulous writing that Will did, why on earth would we want to concentrate on some silly insult words? It’s an absolute travesty; nothing short of a travesty. 

And just so you know, yes, Benedick is addressing Beatrice with this line. Did you have any doubts about that?



I ran into this whilst surfing the web. It's Ian Flemings daily schedule; I would love to have this schedule. I wonder what a pink gin is, and what kind of powerful drinks he had at 5pm. I generally have a beer around 5pm, but that's neither here nor there. 
Now I'm just rambling, so I suppose you could call me a parrot-teacher!

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   Well, you are a rare parrot-teacher. Benedick Much Ado About Nothing          Act I, Scene i, Line ...