Wednesday, September 16, 2026

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

Well, go to, go to.


Paris

Troilus and Cressida      Act II, Scene i, Line 96


Oh my. I chuckled to myself as I read that. I’d been sitting here this morning, drinking my morning coffee, waiting for my morning coffee to do its job of waking me up, and feeling  a bit down: sleepy or down? Or maybe a bit of both. Hard to say sometimes. Anyway, I decided to do a Daily Random Line. For two reasons: one is that I like doing Lines and it’s easy to do Lines (that’s one reason), and two is that so, so many times the Daily Line gives me something relevant to my day. Today is no exception. Well, go to, go to. It’s just five words; five short and completely understandable words. There’s no early modern English issues here; no need to translate anything (I really hate the use of the word translate when we’re talking about Will’s stuff; I’m using it sarcastically here). And the fact that it’s repeated, go to, go to, is perfect. It needs to be emphasized. If you’re feeling overwhelmed or down, then just get at it. Get started. Do something! Go to, go to!

Going to is so often precisely my problem. I seem to be almost always (yes, almost) inclined to not go to. I’ve really no idea about the context of this line. It would seem that Paris is telling someone to go ahead and do something. Who he is telling, and what they are going to do, well, who knows. No, literally, who knows; but I don’t. And I don’t need to know. But there's no doubt about the fact that now and almost always I just need to GO TO!



I'm ready to GO TO, Mr. Blagys

 Go to where, Mojo?

I don't know. But I'm ready.

I can always count on you, can't I, Mojo.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   Did ever Dian so become a grove, As Kate this chamber with her princely gait? O, be thou Dian, and ...