Friday, March 11, 2022

 


Come when the king doth to my lady come;

Then, if I have much love, I’ll give you some.


-Katharine

Love’s Labour’s Lost             Act V Scene ii, Line 823

 

Yes, that’s right, line 823. This is a long scene, and it’s not over yet. It ends with line 918. It’s also an odd line, don’t you agree? It doesn’t seem to matter that I give you more context, because my knowing the context doesn’t really change for me what the line seems to say when taken in isolation.

So there you have it. A Totally Random line. It’s yours to do with as you will. I suppose if you’re trying to put someone off until a later date, or until some other thing happens, you could use this line. You’ll probably have to alter the first of the two lines (and please try to keep the iambic pentameter intact), but I’m sure you can do it. Something like this.

Come when you’ve learned how not to be so dumb,

Then, if I have much love, I’ll give you some.

Now that’s a bit non-specific, but you get the idea. 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...