Sunday, March 13, 2022

 

Do you call me fool?

 -Cloten

Cymbeline               Act II Scene iii, Line 104

 

Yah, she (Imogen) pretty much did. And even though Cloten is kind of a dirtbag, well, I don’t know of anyone who likes to be called a fool. Do you?

And what do we have here? I guess we could suppose that this is Imogene, on the left, calling Cloten, on the right, a fool. He does look a little taken aback, doesn't he? But, actually, the reason I'm giving you this particular pic, is because these guys are Thin-billed Murres; also known as... wait for it... Foolish Guillemots! How about that; plate 213, straight from The Audubon Society Baby Elephant Folio to you.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...