Saturday, March 5, 2022

 

...but, sweet heart, let that pass. By the world, I recount no fable:

-Armado

Love’s Labour’s Lost             Act V Scene i, Line 100

 

Hmmm, what to say about this line? Okay, this scene is a lot of bluster and wordplay. I listened to it whilst reading it this morning and that was certainly helpful. I also read the summary before that, so I had a general sense of what was going on. Given all of that, can I explain this line to you? No, not really. I think it’s best explained by saying that it’s part of the bluster and wordplay of the scene. How’s that.

So, why did I pick this picture for today? I'll tell you why. The diversity of personalities in this picture is significant. I daresay, very, very significant. Whilst I do not remember the conversations that took place that day, or if there actually was much interchange between the members of this group, I would have to assume that if there were any conversations, they would have included some bluster and wordplay. There, how's that?



No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...