Thursday, September 21, 2023

 Today’s Totally Random Lines

                        

O Lord, I could have stay’d here all the night

To hear good counsel: O, what learning is! –

My lord, I’ll tell my lady you will come.

 

Nurse
Romeo and Juliet           Act III, Scene iii, Line 158

 

Nurse is talking to Friar Laurence in the first two lines, and Romeo in the last one. They’re are at the Friar’s place where Romeo’s been whining about being banished for killing Tybalt. The friar tells him to get a grip, and that he should be happy he’s still alive. Then he tells him to go see Juliet before he leaves Verona, and Nurse responds with Today’s Totally Random Line.

Actually, the friar is making sense here. I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day. Unless it’s telling military time; then it’s only right once a day. Funny thing, if I can go back to yesterday’s line for a moment. I was saying then, in not so many words, that I’m not old just because I have grey locks. Well I might have been wrong about that, and I'll tell you why.

We were taking Mojo for a walk yesterday when I got home from work, and he got away and ran into the street. I started to run after him and quickly found myself lying in the street. What happened? My mind said "run after him," and my body said, “I don’t think so, Fatso.” I didn’t actually trip, and I certainly didn’t pass out. My body just said "no, this isn't working for me." So down I went. On the fall I banged my elbow and knee, and now I’m walking pretty slow.

Just call me Edmund Mortimer.

 

Apparently this is what qualifies as a suitable activity for Mojo and me.

1 comment:

Squeaks said...

I was wondering what happened to your elbow! My goodness!

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...