Tuesday, March 26, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

I shall do’t, my lord.

 

Sir Thomas Erpingham

King Henry the Fifth      Act V, Scene i,  Line 292


That’s a pretty long name: Sir Thomas Erpingham. I don’t recall ever running into this fellow before, but it looks like we've visited this page twice previously, so…   In any event, he sounds like a solid guy. I shall do’t, my lord. It’s a no-nonsense reply to the king who has told Sir Thomas to gather all the nobles and meet them at his tent. So, Mr. No-Nonsense Sir Thomas is now Mr. Errand-Boy. He has to go around the camp and gather up all the nobles to meet at the king’s tent. I guess I should say Sir Errand Boy. Either way, I feel pretty certain that he’ll get the job done.

Good ‘ol Sir Thomas Errand-Boy Erpingham.

 

Well, I've got nothing further on Sir Thomas Erpingham, but I do have something on this little cutie; she's forty-two years old today! That's right, and just as cute as she was thirty or so years ago. 
Happy Birthday Jess!

 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   Escalus,--   Duke Measure For Measure        Act I, Scene i,   Line 1 That’s right, it’s the f...