Sunday, March 24, 2024


 


Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

The queen, madam,

Desires your highness’ company.


Lady

Cymbeline                Act I, Scene iii,  Line 38


The Queen, in this play, is like the evil stepmother to Imogen, even though Imogen’s father is still alive. Imogen is the person being addressed by the speaker in Today’s Line. No doubt the queen is up to something, but I’m not sure what.


Speaking of I'm not sure what -
I saw this orange ball in the sky (it was more orange than this pic shows), setting on the horizon, and at first I was confused. Yup, that's the western sky all right, same place I'm always seeing the sun set this time of year; only problem is that I took this pick at 6:30 a.m. So, obviously it was the moon; but it kind of threw me for a minute.
For the record: I'm still not sure what the queen is up to.



2 comments:

Squeaks said...

A harvest moon in the morning perhaps? In spring?

Pete Blagys said...

dunno

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   Escalus,--   Duke Measure For Measure        Act I, Scene i,   Line 1 That’s right, it’s the f...