Monday, February 7, 2022

 

Clap’s into Light o’ love; that goes without a burden: do you sing it, and I’ll dance it.

-Margaret

Much Ado About Nothing     Act III, Scene iv, Line 41

There you go; that line is a bit of a tester. But I’m not going to spend any time on it, so I’m afraid you’re on your own. Let me know you come up with.

Hold on, I’ve got some decent footnotes to help you out:

Clap – break into a song

Light o’ Love – a well known ditty of the times

Burden – chorus

 

There, that should help. And here's a nice pic for you.

 

This is a delicious breakfast. Pepper and eggs with raspberry jelly toast. Yummy!

2 comments:

Squeaks said...

That does look to be a tasty brekkie! Also, the translation of some words was most helpful. I would never have concluded "burden" = chorus without perhaps asking the google.

Pete Blagys said...

Actually, it was not the google. Alas!

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...