Wednesday, February 23, 2022

 

Your worship’s friend, and Launcelot, sir.


-Old Gobbo

The Merchant of Venice                Act II, Scene ii, Line 55


This is a scene where Launcelot Gobo’s father shows up looking for his son. It’s interesting, but a little bit confusing. Young Gobo has a somewhat significant supporting role, whilst old Gobo shows up here and that’s it. At this point in the scene Launcelot is purposely trying to confuse the old man who does not yet realize he is talking to his son. With today’s line, Old Gobo is trying to clarify who he is looking for.

And that’s about it. That’s the context, but I really don’t have much else to give you on this one. I’d be happy to hear if anyone else has anything on it. Otherwise, I'll just put it out there and let you see if you can get something out of it.


        I'm trying to stick to my commitment to post as often as possible, with or without a pic. 

So guess what? No pic today.


 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...