Monday, November 14, 2022

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

  

His father and I were soldiers together; to whom I have often been bound for no less than my life.


-Philario

Cymbeline                       Act I, Scene iv, Line 25

 

Okay, there’s a bunch of guys here, and they’re talking about Posthumus, who’s not there. The scene setting is

Rome.      PHILARIO’S house.

Enter   PHILARIO, IACHIMO, a  FRENCHMAN, a  DUTCHMAN, and a  SPANIARD.


Sort of sounds like the setup for an old joke. You know, the kind of joke you could tell before you had to worry that someone was going to be offended. Oh, I know – this woke thing has its place, and we should be worrying about how people feel. It does seem to me, though, that there has to be a way to find a better balance between caring about people and, well, caring about people so much that whatever we say has to take into the accounts the feeling of every human on earth. Wait, does that make sense? I don’t know. I just know it’s complicated. Something to think about, I guess.

So I’m not sure how I got on to that subject when I started with His father and I were soldiers… Oh well, moving on to the day.


I'm not sure what exactly my day is today, so no pic for now. Sorry


 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines     Who chooseth me shall get as much as he deserves.   Prince of Morocco The Merchant of Venice     ...