Sunday, November 13, 2022

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)


Y’are welcome, gentlemen.

 

-Countess

All’s Well That Ends Well              Act III, Scene ii, Line 93

 

Will loves his contractions, doesn’t he? As soon as I read this one, I immediately thought of Y’all are welcome. That there would be a Tennessee Y’are welcome. But today’s line is not a Tennessee welcome, it’s just Will combining you and are into y’are. I guess it’s for the metric flow? Whilst it’s not five feet, it is iambic, which it wouldn’t be with You are welcome gentlemen. Right?

Perhaps I’ll see if I can’t use y’are sometime today. I’ll let y’all know how I make out.

 

 Nah, no pic today. Sorry y'all, but I hope y'are not too disappointed.

 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines     Who chooseth me shall get as much as he deserves.   Prince of Morocco The Merchant of Venice     ...