Friday, August 4, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

  

Come, recreant; come, thou child;

I’ll whip thee with a rod: he is defiled

That draws a sword on thee.

 

Puck

A Midsummer Night’s Dream       Act III, Scene ii, Line 410

 

This is Puck pretending to be Lysander as he lures Demetrius…. Wait, where is he luring Demetrius? I don’t remember. I’ve seen this stupid play live, and I’ve seen it at the movies, but I don’t remember this forest part very well: just a lot of people running around the forest. I know that Bottom ends up with a donkey head, and Titania falls in love with him, but I don’t recall why Puck is leading Demetrius and Lysander around right now.

I do know, however, that Puck reminds me of Ariel in The Tempest, leading Trinculo and Stefano around. For whatever that’s worth: not much, I suppose.

Well, I don't usually steal stuff off the internets, but as you can probably tell, this is a screenshot of an Instagram page. I've no idea who posted it, but I liked it. All seven of them are quite good. No, nothing to do with Puck or Lysander, or even Ariel: just some good words to live by.
Enjoy the weekend. 


1 comment:

Squeaks said...

Quite some good rules!

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...