Saturday, August 19, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

 

‘Tis true, fair daughter; and this blessed day

Ever in France shall be kept festival;

 

King Philip

King John                       Act III, Scene i, Line 75

 

Well I know that’s not the end of the sentence, but it goes on for eight more lines without a period, and I have no idea what he’s talking about.  The glorious sun turns the earth to gold and this day will always be a holiday, etc, etc. Why? No idea. I went to the Shakespeare app for the play summary and that didn’t tell me either. And right after this line Constance starts in moaning what a miserable day it is, rather turn this day out of the week. Wow, it’s such a miserable day it needs to be kicked out of the week. Is that even possible? And like King Philip’s praise of the day, I’ve no idea why Constance is sick of the day.

One of these days I’m really going to have to listen/read these plays that I’ve never read/seen/heard in their entirety. One of these days; probably one of them that’s not been kicked out of the week, eh?

What a gorgeous day here on the back deck. 
You can bet I'm not kicking this day out of the week!


2 comments:

Squeaks said...

Is this festival as an adjective instead of a noun?

Pete Blagys said...

I guess you could say that.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...