Wednesday, August 30, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

 

I know it well.

 

Antonio

Two Gentlemen of Verona            Act I, Scene ii, Line 28

 

Are we going to get into context? No. How about the meaning? It’s self-explanatory: you know it well. They know it well. I know it well. We all know it well.

But what do we know? Well, we know that we don’t know what Antonio’s talking about. We have no idea what Antonio knows well. We know that well. What else do we know? Many things, I suppose. I know that it wouldn’t make sense to try and list all the things that we know well. I know that well. How about the things that we don’t know well? Should I try to list those. No, those would be way too numerous to list. I know that well.

Okay, so there’s two more things that we know: that we’re not going to try to list the things we know well or the things that we don’t know well. Apparently we’re not going to try to list anything.

Well, I think I’ve gone as far as I want to with today’s line. In fact, I’m sure I have. I know it well.




I'll bet you're wondering, 'Why haven't you posted anything in a week, Pete?' Good question! And here's the answer. I was away at the Minnesota State Fair, as you can plainly see from these pictures. Did we have a good time? We sure did. I know it well!




2 comments:

Squeaks said...

That was a long way to get to "We know and we don't know." Hmmm.

Pete Blagys said...

I know.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...