Tuesday, April 19, 2022

 


He supt at my house; but I therefore shake not.

-Bianca

Othello                   Act V Scene i, Line 118

 

Bianca is the mistress to Cassio, and Cassio is the fellow that Iago is using to fuel Othello’s jealousy. However, I’m not sure exactly what Iago is trying to do here, other than to know that it’s all part of the game he is playing. Literally no one in this play except Iago is doing anything improper, but Iago is managing to make trouble for just about everyone.

Good ‘ol Iago.


I supped at my house tonight too: leftover cheese and crackers and kielbasa from Easter.

And look - no shaking either. It's the hand of a surgeon. Well, not exactly.




1 comment:

Squeaks said...

Is the supt-ing suppose to imply that he’s not shaking with hunger? If so, would it be “AND I therefore shake not”?

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...