Thursday, June 16, 2022

 

 I have been studying how I may compare

This prison where I live unto the world:

And for because the world is populous

And here is not a creature but myself,

I cannot do it; yet I’ll hammer it out.

 

-Richard

King Richard the Second                Act V Scene v, Line 1

A most excellent line; the beginning of Richards soliloquy in the cell before he is murdered. I’m tempted to give you the whole thing, but it’s pretty long, so I suppose not. I really like the yet I’ll hammer it out part. I actually use that line occasionally. No, really, I do.

Apparently we’ve covered this soliloquy, at least in part, once before in Totally Random Daily Shakespeare. Here’s a link to that post in case your interested.

Totally Random Daily Shakespeare

 


I'm quite certain I've used this pic before, but I really like it. It has nothing to do with today's line, but everything to do with the fact that it's little Nina's birthday today. 


 

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...