Monday, November 27, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

 

 

But, my most noble Lord of Westmoreland,

I take not on me here as a physician;

Nor do I, as an enemy to peace,

Troop in the throngs of military men;

But, rather, show a while like fearful war,

To diet rank minds sick of happiness,

And purge th’obstructions which begin to stop

Our very veins of life.

 

 

Archbishop of York

King Henry the Fourth Part II        Act IV,  Scene i,  Line 60

 

Holy moly, that’s a mouthful. Let’s see if we can do something, anything, with this. Westmoreland has shown up in the rebel camp as a representative of Prince John. He has asked the Archbishop why he’s involved in this insurrection. The Archbishop answers that they are all diseased, suffering from the same thing that killed King Richard (I believe he’s speaking figuratively here). But, he says as he gets into today’s lines, I’m not a doctor and don’t even play one on tv. Then he goes into the lines above that I can’t quite fathom. He seems to realize that he’s speaking in riddles, though, because his next line is Hear me more plainly. Absolutely! Please, be more plain!


Basically he goes on to say that they have a list of grievances that the king won’t even look at. So apparently the rebels are pissed off about a bunch of things, and the king doesn’t care. Why didn’t he just lead with that? 


This little guy's got no list of grievances. 
He just wants to sit on my shoulder and watch the cars go by.

But that can be pretty exhausting. 
He soon gets tuckered out, 
and he needs to rest.

You can bet that Mojo's not going to let any
 obstructions block up the very veins of his life. 






No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...