Sunday, November 26, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

 

 I’ll so offend, to make offence a skill;

Redeeming time, when men think least I will.

  

Prince Henry

King Henry the Fourth Part I        Act I,  Scene ii,  Line 221

 

This is a short soliloquy that ends the scene. In this scene we’re introduced to Prince Henry (known as Hal to his drinking buddies), in a London tavern. At the end of the scene Prince Henry, alone and speaking to himself, talks about how he’ll shine all the brighter once he becomes king because of the low expectation he is raising for himself as a ne'er do well prince. If I’m not mistaken, Hal’s father made a similar speech about himself before becoming king. At that time, he spoke of how King Richard was always in the public eye and that he, Henry, would be less in the public eye and therefore shine brighter, like the sun, when he was. Like father, like son.


Like Father...


Like Son?



  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...