Thursday, November 16, 2023

 Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

 

I have a venturous fairy that shall seek

The squirrel’s hoard, and fetch thee new nuts.

 

Titania
A Midsummer Night’s Dream      
Act IV,  Scene i,  Line 33


Bottom asked for hay, but I guess he’s gonna get nuts. He’s currently got the head of an ass, but he’s got Titania doting on him, and he’s got the fairies at his beck and call. He’s also not fully aware that he has the head of an ass, so it appears that Mr. Bottom is feeling pretty good about things just now. I suppose I would be pretty happy with his situation, at least on a temporary basis. Bring on the nuts! But wait, do I currently have the head of an ass without realizing it?

Am I wishing for hay but willing to settle for nuts?

Is the woman in love with me under some spell and not seeing me for who I truly am?

All interesting questions to think about, aren’t they? But let’s not dwell on it.

Again, bring on the nuts!


Oh wait, not those nuts!
No, I'm not referring to the two nuts in the picture; I'm talking about the tree nuts that my associate ate this weekend that landed us in the ER where this pic was taken. 
You gotta be careful with your nuts!




2 comments:

Squeaks said...

How lucky are thee to have a picture queued up that appropriately ties to nuts!

Pete Blagys said...

It's nuts, isn't it?

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...