Tuesday, November 14, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)


 Come; come away, man- I was sent to call thee.


Panthino
Two Gentlemen of Verona   
Act II,  Scene iii,  Line xx


Wouldn’t you know it; we were in this same scene just last week. And I bet you’re asking: Who the heck is Panthino? Well so am I.

Apparently he’s a minor character in this play who’s put in this scene for Launce to interact with. I’m not sure if he has any other scenes or not. I just looked it up: he has 36 lines, 81% in verse, making up less than 2% of the play's lines. He shows up in 3 scenes.

That’s probably quite a bit more than you really wanted to know about Panthino.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...