Wednesday, February 21, 2024

 Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

                                      I have trusted thee, Camilo, With all the nearest things to my heart, as well My chamber-councils; wherein, priest-like, thou Hast cleansed my bosom,- I from thee departed The pentinent reform’d: but we have been Deceived in thy integrity, deceived In that which seems so.

 

Leontes

 

The Winter’s Tale      Act I, Scene ii, Line 240

 

This is where Leontes first goes off the rails. He has decided just now not only that his wife is cheating on him, but also that his true and trusted advisor Camillo is at fault for not realizing it as well.

The truth of the matter is that Leontes’s wife is not cheating on him, Camillo is true and wise, and Leontes is an idiot.  I was going to say chowderhead, but that’s way too nice a term. I need something quite a bit stronger than that, and idiot seems pretty good.

So that’s today’s conclusion: Leontes is an idiot.

2 comments:

Squeaks said...

I mean, to blame someone else for not realizing that your wife is cheating... I didn't even need the second paragraph to realize that Leontes is an idiot.

Pete Blagys said...

Yes, Leontes is a bit off the wall.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...