Thursday, February 22, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

Your wrongs do set a scandal on my sex:

We cannot fight for love, as men may do;

We should be woo’d, and were not made to woo.

 

Helena

A Midsummer Night’s Dream      Act II, Scene i, Line 241

 

This is Helena talking to Demetrius, pleading with him to love her. He has told her repeatedly that he wants nothing to do with her, but she won’t listen. 

I’m not sure what to say about Today's Line, so perhaps I'll just say nothing.


 I can't help but think that this is the exact expression I would get out of these two guys if I read today's lines to them. It's a sort of 
Well, we're trying to get something out of that G-pa, but really, wtf?




 

 

1 comment:

Squeaks said...

Helena sounds a bit whiney.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...