Wednesday, February 21, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

So-ho, so-ho!

 

Launce

Two Gentlemen of Verona      Act III, Scene i, Line 190


Yes,  that’s Today’s Totally Random Line, So-ho, so-ho! Proteus and Launce enter, the former tells the latter to go and seek out Valentine, and the latter exclaims So-ho, so-ho. I imagine seeing Launce pointing as he says this line, since Valentine is already on stage having just finished a short soliloquy. So-ho, so-ho, there he is!

So-ho, so-ho is nothing more than an expression, an exclamation. I wonder if there’s any chance I’ll remember this one so that I can use it sometime. That would take some serious effort. So-ho, so-ho. I’m repeating it here in an attempt to ingrain into my memory. Perhaps I could sing it. So-ho, so-ho, it’s off to work we go.

I don’t think I could use Hi-ho as an exclamation. Or could I? Realistically, you can use just about anything as an exclamation.
Gutterspouts, gutterspouts! There he is!
See, that works.
So-ho, gutterspouts!

 

Gutterspouts, So-ho, So-ho! 
Wait, those tortoises sticking out of that church facade are gutterspouts! 
So-ho!

1 comment:

Squeaks said...

What an odd exclamation to choose. I wonder if people in Shakespeare's time went around saying "So-ho!"

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...