Tuesday, April 23, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

This is strange: your father’s in some passion

That works him strongly.

 

Ferdinand

The Tempest                   Act IV, Scene i,  Line 144

 

This is at the end of the masque that Prospero is presenting for Ferdinand and Miranda. Prospero has suddenly remembered that he has to deal with Caliban, Stephano and Trinculo.

This got me to thinking if I ever had to deal with the father of a girlfriend who was in a passion that worked him strongly, and I don’t think that I ever did. Lucky me, I guess. On the other hand, I never had the father of a girlfriend throw a masque for her and me either.

No, I’m not going to ask Mojo if he's ever had this experience. I know for a fact that he hasn’t. 


"Well, have you, Mojo?"

"Thinking, thinking..."


1 comment:

Squeaks said...

Pretty presumptuous of you to assume Mojo has never had a romantic interest of any kind...

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   Property was thus appalled, That the self was not the same; Single natures double name, Neither t...