Monday, May 22, 2023

 Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

 

Deliver with more openness your answers

To my demands. Why do you pity me?

 

Imogen

Cymbeline               Act I, Scene vi, Line 88

 

 

See, now this is the perfect example of why I need to have easy access to the Arkangels, or some other spoken copy of the plays. I’m sitting here in my upstairs spot, and I’m trying to read through this, but I really need to hear it to get a good understanding. Oh well.

Anyway, I’m not sure what the answer to her question is. I think it might be that Iachamo (that’s who Imogen is talking to) is saying that he pities her because her husband is so far away? But I don’t think that’s it, or certainly not all of it.

Unfortunately, gonna give up for today. You’re on your own. If you come up with the full answer, let me know.

And this is my upstairs spot. Well, it doesn't look like this first thing in the morning. In fact, it almost never looks like this. That's my spot, the chair Karen is sitting in, to the far left. And when I'm sitting there in the morning there's no one else there: no Karen, no Char, no Jaclyn. And there's generally not a bunch of toys all over the floor. There's just me, and my book, in my spot. And no pc with the Arkangel plays either.
Yah, that's right. 



2 comments:

Squeaks said...

How would I know the full answer if I don't know the full text of the person's response to the question?

Pete Blagys said...

You could read.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...