Thursday, May 4, 2023

 Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

           

Sweet health and fair desires consort your Grace!

 

-Princess

Love’s Labour’s Lost             Act II, Scene i, Line 178

                       

Well that’s a nice thing to say to someone. That would be a nice thing to say to someone at any time. I’m not sure people today would understand it completely. Actually, why wouldn’t they? I guess consort and Grace might through them off. How about if we switch it to Sweet health and fair desires be with you, or maybe be yours. For sure it doesn’t have the cachet of your Grace. I think you should really try the original line. If they just look completely baffled, then you could repeat it with the substitution of be yours. Yeah, that should work.

Okay, my Patrice just texted me. I responded to her question, and then I added And may sweet health and fair desires consort your Grace. It doesn’t look like I’m getting any response. How disappointing is that!



To be fair, she sent me the Walmart message from bed when she was barely awake. 
So we'll give her a pass on the non-response. 
This time.


2 comments:

Squeaks said...

Hmmmm.. It's a little too.. fancy of a phrase for me to understand in daily life I think.

Pete Blagys said...

Oh, pooh!

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...