Sunday, June 11, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines


Come, where is this young gallant that is so desirous to lie with his Mother Earth?

Charles As You Like It   Act I, Scene ii, Line 191


Charles is the professional wrestler who’s come to town and is ready to challenge anyone who wants to wrestle him. Orlando, the protagonist of our story, is going to wrestle him. Charles is boasting that whoever wrestles with him will end up losing. As you know, Orlando wrestles him and wins. It just goes to show you that it doesn’t pay to be a braggart. I don’t care for braggarts. It’s funny, but it seems that many people do, and I’ve never quite understood that. It would seem that Will didn’t care for braggarts too much since he has this guy lose the match. So perhaps Will and I have that one thing in common?


Buster Mojo seems to be pretty comfortable with me, and since I'm not a braggart, I'm going to assume that he doesn't care for braggarts either. 
So that makes three of us, so far: Will, me, and Mojo.


 

1 comment:

Squeaks said...

That is one tiny boy!

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...