Sunday, June 18, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

I remember a mass of things, but nothing distinctly; a quarrel, but nothing wherefore. - O God, that men should put an enemy in their mouths to steal away their brains! That we should with joy, pleasance, revel, and applause, transform ourselves into beasts.

 

Cassio

Othello                   Act II, Scene iii, Line 287


These are the lamentations of a man who got drunk and did something stupid. Of course, he got set up by good ol’ honest Iago, but nonetheless, he did get drunk, and he did do something stupid.

I wonder what percentage of us human beings have done that: Gotten drunk and done something stupid? I guess I could take a poll, but I probably won’t. I can tell you that nowadays I just do stupid things without getting drunk.

1 comment:

Squeaks said...

A good line - I understand most of it!

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...