Tuesday, June 6, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

If you shall chance, Camillo, to visit Bohemia on the like occasion wherein my services are now on foot, you shall see, as I have said, great differences betwixt our Bohemia and your Sicilia.


Archidamus

The Winter’s Tale                          Act I, Scene i, Line 1



Well, it’s the first line of the play, so I couldn’t cut off the sentence, now, could I? These are two lords talking and just sort of introducing the audience to who the main characters are and where this play is set. Not too much to say about this.

So perhaps you won’t mind if I key in on the word betwixt? It’s simply an older version of between, obviously, but oh, so much more delightful. Don’t you agree? But let’s just keep that betwixt you and me, eh?

My associate requested that I pick him up a Bai. Well, it turns out I had a choice betwixt four different flavors. Do you think I managed to choose correctly?


2 comments:

Squeaks said...

I knew as soon as I finished reading the line that you were going to hone in on "betwixt". It's just the kind of word you'd love.

Pete Blagys said...

What's not to love?

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...