Friday, June 30, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

‘Tis strange that they should so depart from home,

And not send back my messenger.

  

Lear

King Lear                       Act II, Scene iv, Line 1

 

‘Tis strange.

It seems like lots of stuff appear to Lear as ‘strange’ in this play. He’s going to see his messenger, Kent, in the stocks momentarily, and he’ll think that strange as well. He’ll think it worse than murder.

Sometimes I wonder about Will’s characters and I think to myself that they are beyond reality. Like Lear; how can anyone be that stupid. But then there always seems to be something that shows up in my own reality that proves me wrong. Like Iago in Othello. I’m always thinking that it’s unreal that no one realizes that he’s a rat bastard until the end. But then I see someone in my world who is adored by millions even though to me it’s pathetically obvious that he’s a rat bastard. Then I realize the reality of Will’s characterizations.

So as far as Lear goes… well that’s just the way he goes.

At least he’s not a rat bastard.


I was determined to find a pic for today. I found this one that's a few years old. It's a pretty awesome evening sky out my office window.
Would Lear have found this sky strange? who knows. 


2 comments:

Squeaks said...

Some people are just impervious to reality unfortunately. We gotta keep a lookout for the rat bastards ourselves.

Pete Blagys said...

I suppose we do.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...