Tuesday, October 15, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

Tell him, in hope he’ll prove a widower shortly,

I’ll wear the widow-garland for his sake.

 

Bona

King Henry the Sixth Part III       Act III, Scene iii, Line 227

 

Okay, I’ve got this one. I was a little confused at first because I didn’t realize who Bona was, and I didn’t realize she was a she.

But first off, before I get into the line, I have to tell you that the first thing I thought of when I read it after seeing the speaker was Bona, was St. Bonaventure University where I did one year of studies in 1976. And then when I saw what line I had landed on, 227, well that was my room number: 227 West Deveraux. That’s pretty amazing, isn’t it? I mean, I was in a different room for the second semester, but I started in 227. I think that's a pretty interesting coincidence, and I don't really believe in coincidences. There must be something here. I gotta go back and look at this more closely.



Sooo... that's it? Nothing more about Today's Line? 
We don't get to find out who Bona is?


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   Very easily possible: he wears his faith but as the fashion of his hat; it ever changes with the next b...