Saturday, September 21, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

How lush and lusty the grass looks! How green!

 

Gonzalo

The Tempest                     Act II, Scene i, Line 52


This, of course, is the first scene on the island with most of the folks who were in the storm at the very outset of the play. They now find themselves safely landed, and they are assessing their situation.

I find this line interesting and pertinent, because these guys are finding themselves at a bit of a re-set. A little while ago they were tossing in the waves and facing drowning, and now they’re safe on land and taking stock of their situation. Re-set.

I, on the other hand, spent the last week in Tennessee, where I went to help Jess out on the flower farm. Instead of helping, I threw my back out on the first day and spent the week convalescing on her couch. Now I’m home in Cheshire, my back is on the mend, and I’m doing a bit of a re-set to get back going.

Re-sets can be good in all sorts of situations.




Mojo is helping me with my re-set, and I expect he'll be back in the post by tomorrow. 

This is my past week's companion on the couch in TN. I was telling him about my posts and promised him he could make an appearance.  
That's Luigi. 




No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   How lush and lusty the grass looks! How green!   Gonzalo The Tempest                      Act II,...