Thursday, September 26, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

Whilst I was big in clamour, came there a man,

Who, having seen me in my worst estate,

Shunn’d my abhorr’d society; but then, finding

Who ‘twas that so endured, with his strong arms

He fasten’d on my neck, and bellow’d out

As he’ld burst heaven; threw him on my father;

Told the most piteous tale of Lear and him

That ever ear received: which in recounting

His grief grew puissant, and the strings of life

Began to crack: twice then the trumpets sounded, 

And there I left him tranced.

 

Edgar

King Lear                 Act V, Scene iii, Line 212

 

I know I gave you a lot of lines yesterday, but I’m afraid that today’s line was in the middle of a pretty long sentence. So, yup, you got the whole thing. But don’t worry, I’m going to help you with it. Just know that you’re in for a bit of reading today.

I guess I’ve got to catch you up a bit as to where we are. Oh my, this is the second to last page of the play. So I guess I need to give a brief account of the whole story.

 

The whole thing?

 

Okay, maybe I can skip ahead a bit. 

So remember, in the first scene Edgar and Edmund..

  

First scene!? What happened to skipping ahead?

 

Okay…well…then...

On never mind.

No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   Whilst I was big in clamour, came there a man, Who, having seen me in my worst estate, Shunn’d my a...