Monday, September 23, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

We shall further think on’t.

Regan

We must do something, and i’the heat.

Goneril

 

King Lear                         Act I, Scene i, Line 306


This is the end of the first scene. Regan and Goneril have been given the kingdom, but they are already scheming about how to make sure that Lear is completely powerless so as to not be of any trouble to them.

The reason I gave you two lines is because I thought it interesting, and pertinent to me at least, the difference in the two lines.
Let’s give it some more thought.
Let’s act now!

Well, which is it: act or wait? Or can they both be right? Probably they can. Goneril and Regan want to proceed carefully, not rashly, but they want to proceed without any unneeded delay. 

Perhaps we need to fashion one sentence for our own daily use that recognizes these two needs.

We shall consider it carefully as we proceed.

Nah, that’s not very good. How about this,

Let’s give it some thought, and then move on it ASAP!

Better? Maybe a little bit?


As usual, Mojo's ready to move on it. 
Also as usual, I'd like to give it a little more thought. 

What're we moving and thinking on? I've no idea, but I'm sure we're both right.



No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines   Whilst I was big in clamour, came there a man, Who, having seen me in my worst estate, Shunn’d my a...