Sunday, September 8, 2024

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

And me, my royal sovereign.

 

Sir Thomas Grey

King Henry the Fifth        Act II, Scene ii, Line 64

 

 

Sir Thomas Gray is one of three traitors who’s been found out and is about to be sentenced to death, but he does not yet realize that. King Henry asks who it is who had been promised a commission (apparently a commission is a good thing), and the three traitors are quick to say me, me, me, Sir Thomas being the last of the three to speak. So the king hands each a piece of paper which they each think is something good, only to find out that the pieces of paper are their death sentences for treason.

Oooh, Roasted! That should teach you not to be so fast with the me, me, me.


Okay, who would like some food from the table, instead of eating the dinner that was prepared for them?

Me! Me! Me, me, me!

Did he read any part of that post?


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                          I have heard Your grace hath ta’en great pains to qualify His rigorous cours...