Thursday, December 29, 2022

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

 

 What! Shall we have incision? Shall we imbrue?

[Snatching up his sword]

Then death rock me asleep, abridge my doleful days!

Why, then, let grievous, ghastly, gaping wounds

Untwine the Sisters Three! Come, Atropos, I say!

 

-Pistol

 King Henry the Fourth Part II      Act II, Scene iv, Line 195

 

Pistol is a bit of a loose cannon here. He’s drunk in a scene at the Inn with Pistol, Bardolph, and Falstaff, among others. But enough of that.

To think, I started this blog in August 2016, and today is December 29, 2022. That’s over six years. I’m thinking that this blog has become my Watts Tower. That’s funny, I never thought of that before. My Watts Tower. LOL.

Oh world, thy slippery turns. I wonder if anyone will come to see my Tower. It doesn’t stick out like the ones in Watts, so it could easily go undiscovered. But did Mr Watts make his tower for anyone other than himself? I don’t know. Why should I care? Rounded with a sleep.

So, why am I building this tower? Well, it’s just that some of Will’s stuff is just, um, effable. He’s managed to make the ineffable effable. More people should see that, among other things.

Mr Rodia saw things that no one else saw in pieces of trash, and he used it to create Towers. If I were to say that I saw in Will’s stuff something that no one else sees, that would certainly not be true. I do see what many see, and have seen, but it is something that the vast majority of humanity has not seen; is not even fully aware that it exists. 

Hmmmmm. 

Watts Towers?


The Official Watts Towers Arts Center Campus

In case you don't know what I'm talking about


 


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...