Wednesday, December 28, 2022

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

 

 Why, what a wasp-stung and impatient fool

Art thou to break into this woman’s mood,

Tying thine ear to no tongue but thiue own.

  

-Northumberland

 King Henry the Fourth Part I       Act I, Scene iii, Line 235

 

So Hotspur is on a rant against King Henry. Worcester keeps trying to interrupt to get his two cents in, but finally he gives up and says,

Farewell, kinsman: I’ll talk to you

When you are better temper’d to attend.

And that’s when Northumberland pipes up with Today’s Totally Random Line, which is basically saying to Worcester

Stop being an impatient old lady, and listen to someone besides yourself.

And Worcester does. He doesn’t leave and he waits until Hotspur is done, and then he lays out his plan for their plot against the King. Everyone likes the plan, and away we go.


I'm using this pic because it has the word Scottish in it, in homage to the Scottish prisoners that are the focal point of today's scene. Exactly what this thing in the picture is - the DEAS, the CATH, and all that - well, that's anybody's guess. 


2 comments:

Mrs Blue said...

I think that is my purse! I think rose gave it to me.

Pete Blagys said...

You are indeed correct.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...