Tuesday, December 6, 2022

 

 

Use it for my love some other way than swearing by it.

 

-Beatrice

Much Ado About Nothing     Act IV, Scene i, Line 327

 

Okay, here’s the deal, and I’ve said this before: although I do know some bits and bobs of this play, I don’t know the whole thing. I’ve never seen, read, or heard the whole thing. So this morning I googled Much Ado About Nothing summary, and I got a pretty good summary on litcharts.com. It’s about twelve paragraphs long, and, well, I still don’t know much about this play.

In the first place, there are too many characters. In the second place, everyone is pretending to be someone else. In the third place, actually I didn’t get to a third place. The play just seems like such a mish mosh.

I guess I’ll have to read, see, or hear it.

In the meantime, here's a pic of today's birthday boy. Phil is 64 today. That's him rockin' the plaid overalls in front of Jean. I think I might have used this pic recently, but it's a good one and the only one I could find of Phil. 
So, Happy Birthday Phil!


No comments:

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...