Tuesday, July 18, 2023

 Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

I will, and so will she, I know, my lord.

 

Boyet

Love’s Labour’s Lost             Act V, Scene ii, Line 314



Lotta commas there. You’ll what, so she’ll what? Let’s see, two lines up Boyet told the king to command him to do anything regarding the princess. Then the king said,
That she vouchsafe me audience for one word.

There’s that word vouchsafe again. I’m always forgetting what it means and it’s not always easy figure it out from context. It means allow, permit, or grant to. He wants the princess to grant him an audience, and Boyet says no problem.

And that’s that. Short and sweet for today.



Not even a pic; that's how short and sweet it is.

2 comments:

Squeaks said...

Is the word "vouchsafe" even in any modern dictionary?

Pete Blagys said...

Oui

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...