Thursday, July 6, 2023

 Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

Peace, I pray you.

 

Mistress Quickly

The Merry Wives of Windsor         Act I, Scene iv, Line 79

 

Please stop. Please be quiet. Peace, I pray you.  Infinitely nicer than shut up. I’ve got to remember to use this one. Simple, sweet, to the point without being curt. Peace, I pray you. Yah, that’s a good one. Peace, I pray you, and let me drink my coffee.


Well, couple of things: 
I was sitting at home when I wrote the post above, and now I'm at work posting it to my blog; so this is not the coffee cup that I was trying to get back to when I was writing this post. Also, this particular cup, pictured above, is empty. I haven't gotten around to making a cup of coffee here at work, this morning, yet.
So the reality is, that this picture is sort of a prop, not the real thing. But since the blog is about theater, I guess that's okay. And if you have any objections to that, well...
Peace, I pray you.


2 comments:

Squeaks said...

Well now I'll know when you say this to me what you actually mean.

Pete Blagys said...

And you may be the only other one in the room who'll know.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...