Wednesday, July 26, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

You are right, justice, and you weigh this well;

Therefore still bear the balance and the sword:

And I do wish your honours may increase,

Till you do live to see a son of m ine

Offend you, and obey you, as I did.

 

 

Henry the Fifth

 

King Henry the Fourth Part II       Act V, Scene ii, Line 106



Well, we covered this part of this scene fairly well in September 2019. Here’s the link where you can take a look at that post.  
Totally Random Daily Shakespeare   

In fact, I just read that post and it explains everything quite well. So I’ll suggest that you read that post, and I’ll take the rest of the day off.

Cheers!



No pic. Didn't you hear? I'm taking the rest of the day off.

2 comments:

Squeaks said...

Hmmm. Are there any Will lines where someone says "I'm not having kids, so I guess I'll just have to keep on wondering"? 😂
It's a little presumptuous to assume that Henry V's sons will offend the Chief Justice just as Henry V did. Maybe Henry V should just raise kids that won't be so offensive, and give the Chief Justice a little less work.
I enjoyed the trip down memory lane to the grandpa picture.

Pete Blagys said...

It's pretty much assumed that the kings would have kids to carry on the rule. And would they be offensive? Ah, probably.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...