Monday, July 10, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Lines

 

Should I now meet my father,

He would not call me son.


 

Florizel

The Winter’s Tale    Act IV, Scene iii, Line 662


Well, yesterday we were talking about a father’s death with line 376 of the scene, and I said that we were deep into that act. Today we’re talking about a father not knowing his son, and we’re on line 662 of this scene. Interesting similarities, eh?

So, what’s going on here? Well, Florizel, the prince of Bohemia is in love with the shepherd girl Perdita. Consequently, he has been disowned by his father the king. And that’s why his father would not call him son. Pretty simple, eh?

Yesterday Richard convinced Elizabeth to let him marry her daughter. I think that today Florizel will eventually convince his father to let him marry the shepherd’s daughter, eh?

I’m overusing ‘eh?’ a little bit, eh?


Since we've been talking about fathers, and since today is July 10, which would have been Dad's 97th birthday, it seems pretty appropriate that we have a pic of him. 
He got to celebrate quite a few less birthday's than he should have. 
Life is funny, and it's unpredictable, eh?


1 comment:

Squeaks said...

I like this pic! That looks like a hell of a bird feeder.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...