Saturday, April 15, 2023

 

Today’s Totally Random Line(s)

           

Ask him his purposes, why he appears

Upon this call o’the trumpet.       

 

-Duke of Albany

King Lear                              Act V, Scene iii, Line 119

 

What are any of our purposes? Eh? And what trumpet call has any of us appeared upon the call of? Anybody got an answer to that one? I’d love to hear it.

Sometimes I just take the line and apply it to my world, and ignore the story that it comes from. Sometimes that seems appropriate, like today. This morning I'm feeling particularly introspective, and I've been asking myself these kinds of questions. And that's okay.


This guy looks more ectospective (that's not a word, is it?) than introspective, but that's okay too, because today is his birthday. 
Happy Birthday Jeff! 


1 comment:

Squeaks said...

I feel like you need the context for this to understand what it's supposed to mean and how it could apply to my day.

  Today’s Totally Random Lines                  How, my lord! What cheer? How is’t with you, best brother? Polixenes The Winter’s ...